Last night I finished weaving my X’s and O’s after fixing a threading issue that was messing up the X’s. With my OCD with perfection it HAD to be done! I moved on to using 3 shuttles to do columns, two with complimentary colors and the cotton tabby. It was a little confusing at first but once I got into a rhythm of what to do with the shuttles that weren’t being thrown it was fine. I had some issues with my selvages but I think it was because I was concentrating on the pattern. Too much was going on at the same time!
Not shown was a mistake I made that turned into the most wonderful tweed like pattern. I only did it for about an inch when we realized I was reading the draft totally wrong. Now I think I want to weave something with that mistake alone.
I finished the class with Atwater Bronson lace. It’s very easy to treadle BUT I beat everything to death so the lace part didn’t actually show very well. I’ll have to work on loosening up. Pam said I won’t be weaving gauze any time soon. Ha!