I finished the Maltese Cross overshot throw this past weekend. I don’t know when I’ve felt more proud of a project. So many different steps go into something like this, it’s the perfect foil for someone who bores easily.
After taking it off of the loom I took out the sewing machine and sewed the edges along the weft before the start of the fringe. I then put it into a sink full of cold water and shampoo (just a touch). I had a minor freak out when the water turn red with fugitive dye. Eeeeekkk! I rinsed and rinsed. Whew. Then I added a little conditioner and rinsed again.
After air drying overnight I cut the tabs off of each end to release the fringe and twisted and knotted it with a total of 8 strands in each ply. What a nice finish that is.
It is so soft, so beautiful, I can’t stop looking at it – and touching it.
Now I’m planning the next one. It has given more urgency to finish weaving the cotton towels now on the loom. I just need more hours in the day!
2 thoughts on “Maltese Cross Finished”
Very stunning & beautiful!!
It turned out beautifully…love the colour!